Monday, July 6, 2009

Long Time No Post

I know its July and our last post was in March. I would like to thank Nat for helping me get more motivate to post an update. Not much has happened except that we had a snow storm in April and built an awesome snowman (that was quickly knocked over by some kids), we flew some kites (Ken's blew away but we managed to go find it in the woods a few days later...mine is still stuck in a tree), moved into a new apartment on campus at TU (and got some awesome yellow bikes for free so now going to school is just a short bike ride away), had a cookout with friends for Memorial Day, said goodbye to Sara G. as she moved to Austin, said goodbye to Hannah because she moved to Baltimore, went to a Renaissance Festival, completed Financial Peace University with our life group, and just had a visit from Mike and Christy for the 4th of July weekend (they are getting married in November and Ken and I are looking forward to being in their wedding and sharing in the awesome occasion). Oh ya, I have also been working furiously on my dissertation...just turned in my second draft (I imagine I have a few more drafts to go). Ken's business has been growing at a nice steady pace. He even got a random email from a large company out-of-state that wanted to know if he wanted to go work for them. Pretty awesome compliment but we'll stay in Tulsa for now. Here are some pictures (In reverse-chronological order) from the last few months. Keep me (AND Ken) in your prayers as I keep chugging along on my dissertation.

Watching trains in downtown Tulsa
At the Center of the Universe- everybody knows that's in Tulsa
Yum
Mike hitting on some random girl....just kidding- that's his ex-girlfriend/fiance ;-)
playing some rock band...always a good time

After realizing that restaurants close on the 4th of July, we quickly made burgers before the fireworks....The burgers and the firworks turned out to be kinda puny. 1) the fireworks started 45 minutes early because of oncomeing rainstorms so we missed them 2) there was a malfunction and half of the fireworks went off before scheduled and everyone just saw a big puff of smoke
This is a giant oilman statue in Tulsa...one of the cities many exciting tourist attractions
This is a hat Ken wanted to get at the Renaissance Fair....guess he decided to spend his blow money elsewhere
Flying a kite

A snowman in April....its taller than Ken!!!!


Playing some games
Us
Can't believe its almost been a year!!!!

2 comments:

Micah Ensor said...

Wow you guys make Tulsa look like fun!

Unknown said...

I know I never commented on this but I think I was just so excited you posted something new that I just keep looking at the pictures and miss you. Seriously need to se you and you need to meet your niece!