Saturday, July 18, 2009

When Father God Answers Right Away

I had an interesting experience yesterday...all day I was feeling particularly anxious about my dissertation and understanding analysis and trying to get a lot done. I was feeling so much anxiety that I wasn't able to get much done at all. Around 9:00 pm Ken and I decided to go to a park for some fresh air and to enjoy the cooler weather that we finally got. We sat down and I asked Ken to pray for me. When we got up to walk around the park a little bit more, we noticed a group of about 8 people sitting on the ground with a little grill and they were cooking something that smelled wonderful. We kept looking to see what they were making, when someone noticed we were looking. He waved at us and said "Hey! Come join us!" We politely declined and kept walking but something inside me said "They seem nice...it would be fun to just go talk to some nice strangers." So we wandered back to the group just to say hi and ask what they were making. Turns out, they were part of a youth group from a local Hispanic church so we talked about church a bit and found out more about them. They were such a fun and pleasant group. They insisted that we stay and eat with them, which we did (even though Ken had eaten too much for dinner already :-). It was very pleasant. We just mentioned that I was in school and, without saying anything more, the individual who had invited us over said things like "Finish! You need to finish! Anything that is difficult is worth working for." And he joked, "Get your piece of paper so we can make some money." Even though these are all things that I already knew, Ken and I both knew that the whole experience was God's way of answering the prayer that Ken said just a few moments before. I really needed that encouragement and will continue to need it. Thank you for all your prayers- please keep them coming. I also want to brag on Ken- he has been amazing through this whole process. Keep him in your prayers too.

Love,
Kristi

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so awesome! Continuing to pray for you. Can't wait to see you and give you a hug.