Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Battleships and Wedding Anniversaries

Thankfully, I titled this blog "Battleships and Wedding Anniversaries" not because our first year of marriage has been a battle, but because we visited a battleship and celebrated our wedding anniversary in a short span of time :)

On our way back from Gulf Shores, Mom, Dad, Ken, and I stopped in Mobile, Alabama to tour the WWII battleship and submarine stationed there. Ken and Dad were SSOOOO excited about the submarine! Unfortunately, something about the smell of old metal gets to me, so I was gagging while we were in the submarine and I had to run through very quickly. I waited quite a while for Dad and Ken to get out. When they did, the both went in different directions searching for something. I went to find out what was going on and they just said "Hold on! We're solving a mystery." So, I went inside and waited some more as they both proceeded to go back into the submarine through the exit. It was so funny to see them scrambling around figuring it all out. Turns out, they were trying to figure out how they load the torpedos. You will have to ask them for the answer. Here are some pictures:

The battleship:

The submarine:

Ken and Dad on the submarine:
Mom in the submarine:

LOOK OUT!!! Dad and Ken manning the guns on the submarine:
Ken and me in front of the SR-71 "Blackbird." One of the world's fastest aircrafts:

Yesterday, Ken and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary. I can't believe it has already been a year! It has been a busy year but we have thoroughly enjoyed living life together. This year we have moved twice, gone camping in AR, gone to Colorado (for Thanksgiving), New Mexico (for our wedding reception and for Christmas), Washington D.C. (for a training), Chicago (for a conference), Nashville (for Spring Break),and Alabama (for family vacation), joined a new church, comleted Financial Peace University, started a new business, and wrote a dissertation proposal! We look forward to what life holds for us in the coming years! It's been wonderful! We have truly been blessed!

The day started with me bringing breakfast in bed to Ken. I cooked up some hashbrowns (Ken's favorite), bacon, and eggs and played some of our mushy love songs while we ate. That afternoon, I came home to find that Ken had got me a dozen roses! Then we went out to eat at a fabulous restaurant and came home and watched Casa Blanca. It was a very romantic and fun day!


No comments: