Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Space Camp and a Wedding

This past weekend, Ken and I went to Huntsville Alabama. Ken was the best man the wedding of his friend from middle school. It was a very enjoyable wedding and I'm glad we got to be a part of it. Ken even made a toast at the reception and he did a great job :)


Here is Ken and John (the groom) trying on there tuxedos....Ken had to get a smaller shirt.




Pretty fly for a white guy...
As some of you may know, Huntsville Alabama is the home of SPACE CAMP!!!! I remember seeing brochures and commercials for space camp when I was little, but I never dreamed I would actually get to go there! It's probably not surprising to you that going to the space camp was like going home for Ken...He got to go to space camp twice when he was growing up! (although, he had to go home early one year because GUESS WHAT! HE GOT SICK!)

So anyways, here we are in a replica of the part of the Apollo space ships that actually made it back to earth. Not very roomy.


This is what that would look like from the outside.




Here is a REAL Saturn V rocket that never got sent to space.

This is Ken and John standing in a little room under a rocket. They play a video of a launch and play sounds and vibrate the floor to imitate a real launch. After Ken and John stayed in there (I refused) John said "That was awesome!" A little 4 year old standing by watched the whole seen and quickly repeated "That was awesome!" He then proceeded to stand in the little room himself. He even gave me a thumbs up! I couldn't help but picture Kenny as a 4-year old little boy being amazed at all the stuff they had there :)

And this is a replica of the space shuttle. They built this to help them make sure a real space shuttle would fit correctly in the vehicle assembly building in Florida (one of the biggest buildings in the world!!!!). After that, I guess they decided it would be a nice addition to a museum.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

Looks like you guys had some great fun (as usual). Sorry you missed me :) I can't believe I missed Ken with his hair that short. Looks good. See you in a couple of weeks. Remind me again of those dates. We should be in our new house then!