Saturday, August 21, 2010

2nd Anniversary!!!!



On our second Anniversary, I found myself thinking that "I can't believe it has ALREADY been two years!" AND "I can't believe it has ONLY been two years!" It doesn't seem like that long ago when we were on the beach saying our vows and at the same time, it's hard to remember life without Ken. On our anniversary this year, I came home from work to find a glass with two roses and a sweet note about why Ken loves me (I'll spare you the mushy stuff)
And as I continued to walk in the house, I found roses and sweet notes everywhere! Of course, I couldn't help but get a little teary :)











He also had an awesome gift for me!

Ya....He did good!

I gave Ken an awesome belt that he spotted a few weeks before. Being the Dave Ramsey fans that fans that we are, Ken was even more proud of me for managing to get the belt for half the price than was on the price tag :)

Priceless face there! :)

If you look very closely, you might recognize the markings on the belt from 6th grade chemistry class.
We cooked a nice DELICIOUS meal at home! Thanks to Donnie House for her Quail in White Wine Cream Sauce (except with chicken) recipe!


We have decided to make it a tradition to watch an old romantic movie on our anniversary. This year's selection was "It Happened One Night" (very funny- highly recommend it!)

The Saturday following our anniversary, we went out to a nice restaurant at The Desert Museum and had a lovely evening. They only have the Desert Museum open in the evenings on Saturdays in the summer and they have a lot of special exhibits. After dinner, we spoke with an astronomist who had a huge telescope set up for us to view. It was really amazing!


Thank you to everyone for the phone calls, cards, and facebook messages!!!! We are so blessed to have so many friends and family with strong marriages to have as examples and support!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

awww, super sweet! Good job Ken! So glad to hear you had such a sweet anniversary. Can't wait to see you two!

jennifer said...

Awwww.....You look so pretty. (ken looks cute too)